This is a super simple recipe for a healthy, hearty meal. Those two words together are quite an oxymoron wouldn’t you say? But with Venison being a very lean protein, and all of the vegetables you can’t go wrong. Plus everything in moderation right?
1 Pound Ground Venison (turkey, chicken or whatever floats your boat)
1 TBS butter
3 Large carrots pealed and sliced
2 Stalks celery
1 Medium onion
1 Jar of your favorite pasta sauce (I make my own with fresh tomatoes)
salt, pepper to taste
4 hard boiled eggs (optional)
1 Pound gluten free spaghetti, cooked and drained
1. in a skillet add 1 TBS butter, melt, add carrots, onions and celery. Cook until fork tender on medium low heat for a few minutes.
2. Add venison and cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Add the jar of pasta sauce and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
While your sauce is cooking you can hard boil your eggs here is a very simple way:
1. Put four eggs in a pan and cover with cold water
2. Turn stove on high heat and bring to a boil
3. Once boiling turn heat off and cover
4. let sit covered 12 minutes
5. After 12 minutes run under cold water
6. Peel and set aside
Cook your favorite pasta and serve with sauce.