Venison Stuffed Peppers:
1 Cup cooked brown rice
6 Peppers; green, red, yellow, orange. Whichever floats your boat
1 Pound Ground Venison (beef, chicken, veal, pork anything you prefer)
1 Small Onion, chopped
3 Stalks Celery, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 TBS Olive Oil
1- 8oz can tomato sauce
3 TBS Tomato Paste
1TBS Worsteshire sauce
1/4 C parmesan cheese
1/4 C mozzarella Cheese
1/4 C Cheddar cheese
- Cook your rice according to the instructions, set aside
- Preheat Oven to 350*(F)
- Clean peppers and cut off the top, clean out the ribs and seeds.
- (Get a cupcake or muffin tray this helps keep the peppers standing up so they don’t fall down when you bake them)
- In a sauté pan add; olive oil, onions and celery, cook on medium heat until just translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add in Venison, salt and pepper brown your meat
- Once browned, add tomato paste and stir, then add the 8 oz can of tomato sauce, mix until combined and simmer for 5 minutes, turn off heat and add worsteshire sauce.
- Add the meat mixture and rice, stir in mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- I always add a little extra tomato sauce to the top of the peppers (1TBS per each pepper)
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes, then add shredded cheddar cheese to the top and bake for another 10 minutes.