I stumbled upon this recipe online and I am pretty excited to make them. I don’t typically post recipes that I haven’t tried but this particular recipe looks similar to a gingerbread cookie I’ve made before but had a bit more oomph to it! I will be trying this recipe and doing a review. But, I hope you give this a try!
I LOVE gingerbread men cookies and this recipe looks promising! I found it on About.com. Here’s the link GINGERBREAD COOKIES
- 1 cup superfine brown rice flour (source link below)
- 1 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons guar gum
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup softened butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Extra rice flour for dusting when rolling and cutting out cookies
Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease
- Sift all dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar, beating on high speed for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Slowly add dry, sifted ingredients to butter mixture and beat just until a stiff dough forms.
- Place dough between 2 sheets of plastic wrap lightly dusted with sweet rice flour. Roll out to 1/8 inch thick.
- Dip gingerbread cookie cutter in sweet rice flour and cut out gingerbread men. Use a flour-dusted spatula to transfer cookies to baking sheet. If the dough should get too soft while you are working with it, just place it in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven, or until cookies are firm to the touch. Cool and decorate with Royal Icing and Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.